Recreational Fishing Guide
- About the guide
- The guide in languages other than English
- Changes in the 2023-24 guide
- Recreational fishing code of conduct
- Fishing definitions/terminology
- Water definitions
- Size and bag limits
- Permitted fishing equipment
- Waters with fishing restrictions
- Trout and salmon specific fishing regulations
- Staying safe when fishing
- Eating your catch safely
- Being a responsible fisher
- Photographing fish to be released
- Rule reminders
- Reporting illegal fishing - 13FISH
- Download the Recreational Fishing Guide app
- Useful contacts and further information
Want to get a hard copy?
Hard copies can be obtained from most fishing tackle shops that sell recreational fishing licences, by ringing the Customer Service Centre on 136 186 or from most regional offices of The Victorian Fisheries Authority.
You may also email email@example.com to obtain a hard copy of the latest Victorian Recreational Fishing Guide.
Please be advised it may take several weeks for the guides to arrive after ordering, due to postage delays.