Goulburn Fishing Festival 2023
River trout season will officially open Saturday 2 September, and where better to celebrate than at Eildon!
The Goulburn River and Eildon Pondage will share in 2000 massive ‘stonker’ rainbow trout up to 5kg, to be stocked at numerous sites for trout opening. They’ll have a combined weight of 7 tonnes, guaranteed to create lifelong memories for lots of fishers and their families.
- Market stalls, spinning prizes and live performances at our new location in Lions Park, Eildon.
- Plaster arts painting, games run by our education team and face painting
- Try your luck at catching a trophy trout at one or more spots on this year's stonker trout trail
- Help our Snobs Creek hatchery team stock the pondage with trout
- Kids fishing classes with bait and tackle provided - BOOKINGS REQUIRED
- Enjoy a tour of the Snobs Creek hatchery
- Meet and chat to our Fisheries Officers
- Fireworks over the pondage from 7pm
The 2023 trout and salmonid season in rivers and streams opens Saturday 2 September. Lake Eildon and the Eildon Pondage are open to trout fishing year-round.