Goulburn Fishing Festival 2022
River trout season will officially open Saturday 3 September, and where better to celebrate than at Eildon!
The Goulburn River and Eildon Pondage will share in 2,000 massive ‘stonker’ rainbow trout up to 5kg, to be stocked at numerous sites for trout opening. They’ll have a combined weight of 7 tonnes, guaranteed to create lifelong memories for lots of fishers and their families.
- Try your luck at catching a trophy trout at one or more spots on this year's stonker trout trail
- Help our Fisheries team stock the pondage with trout
- Kids fishing classes on Eildon Pondage, bait and tackle provided - REGISTER HERE
- Enjoy a self-guided tour of the Snobs Creek hatchery hourly from 9 am - REGISTER HERE
- Meet and chat to our Fisheries Officers and leaders from the Women in Recreational Fishing network
- Activities for the kids, DIY lure making, games run by education team, petting zoo and balloon tying
- Prize draws
Stonker trout trail
- Molesworth Caravan Park
- Alexandra Bridge
- Breakaway Bridge
- McMartins Lane
- Gilmore's Bridge
- Thornton Beach River Reserve - Back Eildon Road
- Eildon Waters
- Walnuts River Reserve
- Point Hill Reserve Boat Ramp
- Blue Gums
- Eildon Pondage
Check out the stonker map
The 2022 trout and salmonid season in rivers and streams opens Saturday 3 September. Lake Eildon and the Eildon Pondage are open to trout fishing year-round.