Snobs Creek Fish Production Advisory Board
The VFA's Snobs Creek Hatchery has produced and grown fish for recreational fisheries and conservation stockings for more than 70 years. The hatchery produces trout, salmon and native fish and is responsible for their release into Victorian waterways.
As recreational fishing licence fees are a strong partner in the operations of Snobs Creek Hatchery, the Snobs Creek Fish Production Advisory Board was established to ensure transparency, accountability, efficiency, best practice and best value in our fish production and stocking activities that align with the expectations of recreational fishers.
The Advisory Board's role includes responsibility for:
- Overseeing the implementation and periodic review of a strategic plan for the hatchery.
- Monitoring strategic plan outputs, outcomes, performance and efficiency against agreed milestones and performance indicators at each board meeting.
- Advising on the preparation of proposals and bids for capital investment.
- Providing strategic advice on fish production and stocking.
- Monitoring of hatchery risk management.
- Endorse and facilitate communication with stakeholders.
- Providing an annual report to the VFA CEO, to be structured in line with the strategic plan and report against key performance indicators and milestones.
The Advisory Board meets on a regular basis and membership consists of seven members: Cleola Anderiesz (Chair), David Kramer, Cara Cummings, Joseph Dunleavy, Dylan White, Brian Mottram and Anthony Forster. Guests are invited to meetings to provide expert advice on a needs basis.
Fish Production and Stocking Plan
In 2018, the Advisory Board prepared a Fish Production and Stocking Plan, which provides a high level strategic vision, key goals and priorities for fish production and stocking at Snobs Creek Hatchery.
The plan was released for public comment in late 2018, whereby a small number of submissions were received and considered in the final version.
The plan aims to secure the supply of stocked fish and guide investment in fish production and stocking over the next decade.
To download a copy, click here (PDF - 2.3 MB)
For further information about the plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Snobs Creek Annual Report
This document reports on the key achievements and financial statements at Snobs Creek Hatchery for each financial year.