Ballarat Fishing Festival 2023
The Ballarat Fishing Festival is back and better than ever in 2023! Come join us at Lake Wendouree on Saturday 2 September. It’s a great day out for the whole family and best of all, it’s FREE.
- Help our Fisheries team stock the lake
- Kids fishing classes with bait and tackle provided - BOOKED OUT
- Become a fly casting master at the all ages clinic with fly fishing experts - BOOKED OUT
- Straight into the fry pan, watch the cooking demonstrations
- Check out the display of fishing boats
- Try your hand at the Knox Boat Fishing Club Fishing Simulator
- Get some tips in the art of fly tying
- Visit the Ballarat Trout Hatchery
- Chat to our Fisheries Officers and leaders from the Women in Recreational Fishing & Boating network (WIRFAB)
- Prize draws and raffles
- BBQ provided by the local angling club and coffee available
The 2023 trout and salmonid season in rivers and streams opens Saturday 2 September. Lake Wendouree is open to trout fishing year-round.