Recreational Fisheries Management
Our staff manage a variety of recreational fisheries to allow more people to go fishing, more often, in more places.
Strategic planning is a key element of what we do to ensure sustainability and health of fish populations, as well as working with other agencies to implement management plans.
From trout to rock lobster and pipis to estuary perch, we are committed to making recreational fishing better across the state.
We also oversee changes to fishing regulations and work with industry to promote fishing through events like the Murray Codference and Talk Wild Trout Conference.
You can read more about what we do by clicking the links below.
- Native fish recovery stocking after floods
- Rocklands water release for Lake Toolondo
- Gippsland Lakes Recreational Fishery Plan
- Wild Trout Fisheries Management Program
- Rock Lobster tagging program
- Proposed changes to trial a fixed river marker in Lake Eildon
- Bushfire fish response plan
- Murray Codference
- Small fish matter
- Changes for yabby fishing gear
- Recreational pipi fishery
- Changes for Murray cod season in Western Victoria
- Freshwater Fisheries Management Updates
- Murray cod movement - Upper Goulburn River