Recreational Fishing Guide
- About the guide
- The guide in languages other than English
- Changes in the 2020 guide
- Recreational fishing code of conduct
- Fishing definitions/terminology
- Water definitions
- Size and bag limits
- Permitted fishing equipment
- Waters with fishing restrictions
- Trout and salmon specific fishing regulations
- Staying safe when fishing
- Eating your catch safely
- Being a responsible fisher
- Photographing fish to be released
- Rule reminders
- Reporting illegal fishing - 13FISH hotline
- Download the Recreational Fishing Guide app
- Useful contacts and further information
Want to get a hard copy?
The Victorian Recreational Fishing Guide is available in three key formats: hard copy, via our VicFishing app and here on our website.
Hard copies can be obtained from most fishing tackle shops that sell recreational fishing licences, by ringing the Customer Service Centre on 136 186 or from most regional offices of The Victorian Fisheries Authority. Please note: During COVID-19 restrictions, hard copy guides will not be available for distribution. In the meantime, please download the Victorian Recreational Fishing Guide App.
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a hard copy of the latest Victorian Recreational Fishing Guide.
Please be advised it will take approximately 10 - 14 working days for the guides to arrive after ordering.