Waters with fishing restrictions
Fishing restrictions are in place in some waters to:
- protect endangered native species and breeding populations of important species
- ensure fisher safety (near shipping lanes, weirs and dam spillways)
- protect aquaculture infrastructure
- protect heritage sites (e.g. shipwrecks).
- protect the purity of domestic water supplies.
Restrictions will vary with location.
It is your responsibility to know what restrictions, if any, apply to the area where you intend to fish.