2021 Murray Codference
The Murray Codference is returning to Shepparton in 2021!
This year's event is the fifth consecutive Codference to be held in the heart of the Goulburn Valley.
There's some sensational speakers locked in to talk about the very latest on this iconic Aussie species.
This year's event has had additional capacity added. Click here to book a ticket.
When: Sunday, 18th April, 2021
We are committed to delivering a CovidSafe event. To support this all bookings will include an allocated seat assigned at the time of booking. Please ensure if you wish to sit with a group that you book for them within the one transaction.
This year's event has had additional seats become available. Click here to book a ticket.
Presentations and Speakers
- Keynote address from Cameron McGregor who will discuss angling tips and techniques
- Arcadia Native Fish Hatchery update by Anthony Forster
- Steve Trelfall on new and useful native fish fishing products
- Yorick Piper and his journey as a cod fisher
- Katie Doyle on Murray Cod diet
- Ben Scullin on better access to Murray Cod fisheries
The conference is a proud part of the State Government’s $35 million Target One Million plan to get more people fishing, more often.
Previous events and speakers
The Murray Codference is an annual all-day celebration of native fish and fishing that has been held annually at Shepparton since 2016.
The conference style event brings together 300-600 recreational fishers, fisheries managers, researchers and resource managers annually to learn all about our native fisheries and how they’re tracking, plus tips and tactics to improve fishing success from Australia’s best anglers.
The Murray Codference is a free event funded by the State Government’s $35 million Target One Million plan to get more people fishing, more often, in more places.
To learn more about the Murray Codference:
For further information about the Murray Codference, please contact Anthony Forster, Manager of Freshwater Fisheries (Anthony.email@example.com), Taylor Hunt, Fisheries Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or John Douglas, Fisheries Manager (John.email@example.com).
Murray Codference Proceedings
To download Murray Codference Proceedings, click below:
- Murray Codference Proceedings 2019 (PDF - 8.9 MB)
- Murray Codference Proceedings 2018 (PDF - 7.1 MB)
- Murray Codference Proceedings 2017 (PDF - 6.5 MB)
- Murray Codference Proceedings 2016 (PDF - 9.8 MB)
Murray Codference Videos
Videos are also available of presentations given at the 2018 and 2019 Murray Codferences, click below:
2019 Murray Codference Videos
2018 Murray Codference Videos
Murray Codference Presenters
The Murray Codference series is proud to have featured presentations from the following speakers:
- Rod Harrison
- Rod MacKenzie
- Dr Stuart Rowland
- Carl Jocumsen
- Rob Paxevanos
- Steve Starling
- Stephen Booth
- Lubin Pfeiffer
- Robbie Alexander
- Bill Classon
- Karen Rees
- Will Trueman
- Dr Paul Hardy-Smith
- Cameron Westaway, NSW Fisheries
- Luke Pearce, NSW Fisheries
- Matt Barwick, NSW Fisheries
- Andrew Norris, Queensland Fisheries
- Nick Bond, Latrobe University
- Michael Burgess, VRFish
- Louissa Rogers, North Central CMA
- Emma Coats, Victorian Environmental Water Holder
- Dr Jarod Lyon, Arthur Rylah Institute
- Dr Zeb Tonkin, Arthur Rylah Institute
- Danny Simpson, Victoria Fisheries Authority
- John Cahill, Ebbtide Tackle
- Graeme Dear, East Gippsland CMA
- Anthony Forster, Victorian Fisheries Authority
- Taylor Hunt, Victorian Fisheries Authority
- John Douglas, Victorian Fisheries Authority
- Marc Ainsworth, Victorian Fisheries Authority
- Dr Brett Ingram, Victorian Fisheries Authority
- Craig Ingram, Victorian Fisheries Authority