Victorian Fisheries Authority 2022 Women in Recreational Fishing Leadership Competition Terms and Conditions
1. By entering the Program, you (the Entrant) accept these terms and conditions (the Program Ts&Cs).
2. The Program is run by the Victorian Fisheries Authority of 1 Spring Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, ABN 60 297 360 647 (the VFA).
3. To enter the Program, Entrants MUST:
- Currently be 1 of the 5 new WIRF Leaders
- Submit answers to the questions in the Survey Monkey questionnaire; and
- Submit a picture of the Entrant fishing by uploading the image via the Survey Monkey questionnaire;
- Provide the Entrant's contact details where prompted.
4. Entry is only open to people who are over the age of 18 and are not employees or the immediate family (spouse, sibling, parent or child) of VFA employees.
5. The Entrant warrants to the VFA that the Entrant is the author of the Entry and that the Entry is not offensive, defamatory, or inflammatory and does not infringe any third party's intellectual property rights or breach any law.
6. The VFA can disqualify any Entry that it considers, in its sole discretion, breaches the Program Ts&Cs and can cancel, modify or terminate the Program without liability if the Program is interfered with in any way or cannot be conducted as anticipated by the VFA. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the VFA will in its sole discretion, determine the identity of the Entrant.
7. The application process opens Wednesday 16 June 2022 at 12:00am AEST and closes Wednesday 30 June 2022 at 11:59pm AEST (Submission Period), only Entries received during the Submission Period will be valid.
8. Valid Entries will be judged by the VFA at 11:00am on 1 July 2022 at 1 Spring Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.
9. Chance plays no part in winning this scholarship. Two (2) winning entries will be judged on the originality and creativity of the answers submitted, as determined by the VFA in its absolute discretion (Winners). The VFA's decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
10. Winners will be announced on Friday 1 July 12:00pm AEST. Each Winner will then be notified individually by email or telephone.
11. Where a Winner fails to accept an offer within 7 days of the VFA sending notification, the VFA can revoke the program, and may select further winning entries.
12. Each Winner will receive a Leadership Program Opportunity, comprising but not limited to:
- Return economy flights from Melbourne Tullamarine to the Gold Coast for the Winner only;
- 2 night accommodation on the Gold Coast;
- VIP tour of the Australian Fishing Trade Association Trade Show;
- Networking opportunities with movers and shakers in the industry; and
- 1 ticket to the AFTA Gala Dinner.
13. Each program is valued at approximately $1,500 (inc. GST) based on the recommended retail value provided by the supplier(s) at the time of printing.
14. Programs are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and cannot be substituted for cash. By accepting a program, Winners:
- Confirm their availability to travel on 4 August 2019 - 6 August 2022 at times determined by the VFA; and
- Agree to any terms and conditions that apply to their program, in addition to these Program Ts&Cs.
- Expenses associated with collecting a program (including without limitation travel insurance, transfers to and from departure points, spending money, meals and beverages except in relation to the Gala Dinner are not included in the program and will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
15. The Entrant unconditionally and irrevocably grants the VFA a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use the Entry (including but not limited to reproducing, publishing, adapting and communicating the whole or any part of the Entry) in publications, promotional and marketing material and on its website to promote the VFA and recreational fishing (the Permitted Use). The Entrant consents to the Entry being used in a manner that would, but for the Entrant consenting to such a use, breach the Entrant's moral rights.
16. The VFA will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, any consequential or indirect loss), cost or damage, personal injury or death which is suffered (whether or not due to the negligence of any person) in connection with entering this Program, as a result of the administration of the Program or in connection with the acceptance of any program or the cancellation of any part of a program (to the extent that cancellation is beyond VFA's reasonable control), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (and, if so, that liability is limited to the minimum permitted by law).
17. The VFA will not charge the Entrant a fee to enter this Program. Costs associated with accessing the relevant social media platform are the Entrant's responsibility and may vary depending upon the Entrant's internet service provider.
18. The Program is governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia and clauses 5, 6 and 11-25 (inclusive) of these Program Ts&Cs survive the expiry of the Program Period.
19. Entrants acknowledge that the Program is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media platform. By entering this program, the Entrant is deemed to have accepted any relevant terms and conditions of use associated with Facebook, Instagram, and any other relevant social media platform and to have irrevocably released Facebook, Instagram, and any social media platform, from any and all liability in connection with the Program.
20. By taking part in this comp the entrant agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of the VFA's Facebook Page.
22. To the extent that the Entrant's entry includes an image capable of being identified as the Entrant's likeness or any other personal information, the Entrant consents to the collection, storage and use of the Entrant's personal information by the Department as part of administering the program and for the use described in clause 16 above.
23. The Entrant further agrees that it will not have the right to review or preapprove use of the Entrant's likeness by the Department. The Entrant will not make any claim for payment or fees in relation to the Department's use of the Entrant's likeness and releases the Department, its employees and agents from any liability arising out of such use.
24. If the Entrant's photo includes images capable of being identified as the likeness of other persons, the consent of each other person (or if the person is under 18 years of age, the consent of their parent or legal guardian) to use of the image in accordance with clauses 24 and 25 is required before the photo is entered in the Program.