Meeting 30 summary
5 April 2017 - Location: Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources, 1 Spring Street, Melbourne
This was the 30th meeting of the Recreational Fishing Grants Working Group.
Key items discussed included:
- Review of assessment of 2016/17 RFGP Commissioning grant applications.
- Review of assessments of 2016/17 RFGP Large grant applications.
- Victorian Fisheries Authority - Update
- Funding for small grants program.
Review of assessment of 2016/17 RFGP Commissioning grant applications
The Working Group has agreed to recommend the following two applications for funding:
- $130,000 for 'Informing sustainable management and optimisation of Victoria's wild catch marine and estuarine recreational fisheries.
- $219,800 for Communication and Compliance Products.
Review of assessments of 2016/17 RFGP Large grant applications
The Working Group were provided with the additional information that they had requested at the previous meeting in relation to a number of the large grant applications. Following further deliberations, the Working Group agreed to recommend 13 large grant applications for a total amount of $702,000.
Victorian Fisheries Authority - Update
The Working Group were presented with information on the mechanisms and processes that are in place to transition Fisheries Victoria into the Victorian Fisheries Authority as of 1 July 2017. In large, this will mean business as usual for the Recreational Fishing Grants Program and the Recreational Fishing Grants Working Group.
Funding for small grants program
The Working Group were advised that a further allocation of funding ($200,000) from the RFL Trust Account would be required to support the continuation of the Small Grants Program.
Next meeting: 3 July 2017
Recreational Fishing Grants Working Group