Hooked on Bellarine 2019
Recreational fishers and seafood lovers can celebrate National Gone Fishing Day on Sunday 20 October 2019 by joining the festivities at Portarlington’s ‘Hooked on Bellarine’ extravaganza.
This free family-friendly event showcases the Bellarine Peninsula as a seafood and fishing mecca, on the doorstep of Geelong and an easy day trip from Melbourne.
- Free ‘come and try’ fishing clinics for kids and novices with tuition from experts. Rods, bait and tackle provided;
- Stands selling freshly cooked seafood and locally made produce, including blue mussels that Portarlington is famous for;
- An expert fishing panel with tips on catching more snapper, King George whiting and gummy sharks;
- Dr Corey Green from Fisheries’ presenting research on snapper, King George whiting and calamari;
- Casting competitions run by Fishcare;
- Kids activities;
- A variety of local market stalls;
- Tables and chairs to relax and enjoy the waterfront views.