Terms and Conditions
Victorian Fisheries Authority 2022 Calendar Competition
Terms and Conditions
- By entering the Competition, you (the Entrant) accept these terms and conditions (the Competition Ts&Cs).
- The Competition is run by the Victorian Fisheries Authority of 1 Spring Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, ABN 60 297 360 647 (the VFA).
- To enter the Competition, Entrants must email a:
- photographic image of a Victorian fisheries species caught or in natural habitat
- the name of the place where the fish was caught/where the photo was taken
- the name of the fish/species in the photo (if applicable), and
- The Entrant warrants to the VFA that the Entrant is the author of the Entry and that the Entry is not offensive, defamatory, inflammatory and does not infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights or breach any law.
- The Competition opens Monday 6 September 2021 at 12:00am AEST and closes Monday 13 September 2021 at 11:59pm AEST (Competition Period), only Entries received during the Competition Period will be valid.
- Entry is open to residents of Victoria who are over the age of 18, except VFA employees and their relatives (i.e. the spouse or ex-spouse, sibling, step-sibling, child, step-child, parent, or step-parent of a VFA employee).
- The VFA can disqualify any Entry that it considers, in its sole discretion, breaches the Competition Ts&Cs and can cancel, modify or terminate the Competition without liability if the Competition is interfered with in any way or cannot be conducted as anticipated by the VFA. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the VFA will in its sole discretion, determine the identity of the Entrant.
- Valid Entries will be judged by the VFA at 11:00am on 14 September 2021.
- Winning Entries will be awarded on the basis of the best depictions of destinations and the types of fish, as determined by the VFA’s in its absolute discretion (Winners). The VFA’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- Each Winner will be notified via email within 14 days of selection. Where a Winner fails to accept a Prize within 14 days of the VFA sending notification, the VFA can revoke the Prize.
- Each prize will be a VFA merchandise pack. Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and cannot be substituted for cash. By accepting a Prize, Winners agree to any terms and conditions that apply to their Prize, in addition to these Competition Ts&Cs.
- The Entrant unconditionally and irrevocably grants the VFA a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use the Entry (including but not limited to reproducing, publishing, adapting and communicating the whole or any part of the Entry) in publications, promotional and marketing material and on its website to promote the VFA and recreational fishing (the Permitted Use). The Entrant consents to the Entry being used in a manner that would, but for the Entrant consenting to such a use, breach the Entrant’s moral rights.
- The VFA will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, any consequential or indirect loss), cost or damage, personal injury or death which is suffered (whether or not due to the negligence of any person) in connection with entering this Competition, as a result of the administration of the Competition or in connection with the acceptance of any Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (and, if so, that liability is limited to the minimum permitted by law).
- Entrants acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media platform. By entering this competition, the Entrant is deemed to have accepted any relevant terms and conditions of use associated with Facebook, Instagram, and any other relevant social media platform and to have irrevocably released Facebook, Instagram, and any social media platform, from any and all liability in connection with the Competition.
- The Competition is governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia and clauses 4, 5 and 11-19 (inclusive) of these Competition Ts&Cs survive the expiry of the Competition Period.
Consent for use of image
- To the extent that the Entry includes an image capable of being identified as the Entrant’s likeness or any other personal information, the Entrant consents to the collection, storage and use of the Entrant’s personal information by the VFA as part of administering the Competition and for the Permitted Use (as described in clause 12 above).
- The Entrant further agrees that it will not have the right to review or preapprove use of the Entrant’s likeness by the VFA. The Entrant will not make any claim for payment or fees in relation to the VFA’s use of the Entrant’s likeness and releases the VFA its employees and agents from any liability arising out of such use.
- If the Entry includes images capable of being identified as the likeness of other persons, the consent of each other person (or if they cannot consent, their legal guardian) will be required in order for the Entry to be used in accordance with these Ts&Cs.