Hooked on Bellarine
Recreational fishers and lovers of seafood can celebrate Gone Fishing Day on Sunday 8 October 2023 by joining the festivities at Portarlington’s ‘Hooked on Bellarine’ extravaganza.
This family-friendly event showcases the Bellarine Peninsula as a seafood and fishing mecca on the doorstep of Geelong and an easy day trip from Melbourne.
A Victorian recreational fishing licence will not be required anywhere in the state on National Gone Fishing Day, Sunday 8 October 2023, to encourage more people to give fishing a try.
- Free ‘come and try’ fishing clinics for kids - FULLY BOOKED
- Better Boating Victoria’s free skills clinics including boat handling and trailer reversing at Point Richards - BOOK HERE
- Market stall selling freshly cooked seafood and locally made produce, including blue mussels
- The VFA team talking about snapper, whiting and calamari research
- Improve your seafood cooking skills with demonstrations and recipes that everyone can try at home
- Fish filleting demonstrations and anatomy displays with VFA’s David Reilly
- Women in Recreational Fishing and Boating (WIRFAB) Network leaders sharing fishing and filleting tips
- Plenty for the kids including prize giveaways, virtual reality fishing and VFA’s fish mascot
- Food hub to relax and enjoy the waterfront views.