Hooked on Portland Fishing Competition
Registration starts from 6am Saturday 27th January.
Cost: Adults $10 Juniors $5
Tel: 03 5522 2375
6.00am Saturday 27 January 2018 to 10am Sunday 28 January 2018
Weigh-in Station Times
12 noon to 6pm 27 January 2018
8am - 10am Sunday 28 January 2018
Boats are not to depart the harbour any earlier than 6.00am on each fishing day.
Entrants in the competition will leave from the Portland Harbour no earlier than 6.00am.
- Line South from Fitzroy River Mouth or E:141.51 000
- Southern Point Lawrence Rock or Lat S38.25.00
Final presentation will take place at the Portland Yacht Club at 10am Sunday 28 January 2018.
Weighing = Only 1 x heaviest fish per species will be weighed.
Live fish must not be presented at the weigh station.
Fish will be weighed at the South Boat Ramp in front of the Portland Yacht Club during the weigh-in times specified above.
Fisheries and Water Police
- All entrants are to abide by the States Fisheries in regards to licensing, catch and possession limits.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that their water craft and safety gear comply with the Victorian State Safely Rules.
This competition is open to all ages. Children under 16 must provide consent from a parent or guardian.
There will be no refunds given on entry under any circumstances.
Prizes are $250 for the heaviest fish per category / species + spot prizes.
- All boats are highly encouraged to register with the Coastguard Portland on VHF 16. Remember to log off at the end of the day.
- Never fish in dangerous conditions. It is the responsibility of the entrants to decide whether conditions are suitable for their craft and the safety of all anglers. All anglers and boats enter this competition at their own risk.
- The organising committee reserves the right to reduce the fishing area or close the days fishing if it is believed that sea conditions are unsafe.
- The final decision regarding cancellation of a days fishing due to unsafe conditions will be made by the Portland Division of the Australian Volunteer Coast Guard.