Hooked on Portland
The inaugural 'Hooked on Portland' festival will celebrate the coastal centre as a fishing and tourism hotspot. Portland is recognised across Australia as a game fishing destination particularly for large southern bluefin tuna, which are a great sportfish and highly regarded table fish.
This event is run by the Glenelg Shire Council, Regional Development Victoria and the Victorian Fisheries Authority, the three day festival starts on Friday 26 January 2018, which is the Australia Day public holiday.
Jan 26 Friday: Twilight market and pop up cinema, kids amusements and entertainment.
Jan 27 Saturday:
- Fishing competition for beginners, experts and everyone in between. $10 for adults, $5 for juniors (under 16). Cash prizes involved! Register on the day, OR download this form , enter the details and bring it with you!
Check here for more information
- For those less experienced in heading offshore, there will be free fishing clinics and informative talks
- Free live music from the Pierce Brothers, The Settlement, Louise Adams & The Lost Era, Mark Lang (Skipping Girl Vinegar), Sal Kimber & The Roll'n Wheel, This Way North and More! Plus, we'll be ,- live broadcasting Triple J's Hottest 100
- Kid's amusements on the foreshore and, an exciting - a passport destination competition.
- Boat tours of the port and foreshore water activities, market stalls and a youth zone with skating demonstrations, laser tag, basketball, beach cricket, volleyball and more....
- For foodies, there will be seafood cooking demonstrations from MasterChef finalists Sam Goodwin and Eliza Wilson, plus food trucks to accommodate every taste.
Jan 28 Sunday: Event concludes with a community big brekky and fishing competition presentations from 10:30am.
These events are part of the State Government's Target One Million plan for recreational fishing, which is investing a record $46 million to boost participation and get more people fishing, more often.*Please note timings may change and will be updated accordingly via facebook and our webpage. Thank you for your understanding