VFA Fishiest 100 terms and conditions
1. The VFA Fishiest 100 is run by the Victorian Fisheries Authority (ABN 60 297 360 647) of 1 Spring Street, Melbourne, Victoria (“VFA”).
2. By entering the VFA Fishiest 100, you (“the Entrant”) accept these competition terms and conditions (“the Competition T’s&C’s”).
3. To take part in the VFA Fishiest 100, entrants must like the Victorian Fisheries Authority’s Facebook page and:
- make song suggestions for the VFA Fishiest 100 Playlist on the VFA’s Facebook page using the Entrant’s own Facebook account; and/or
- vote on the VFA Fishiest 100 Playlist via a Survey Monkey poll (“the Poll”) that will feature in campaign posts or communications (including providing the Entrant’s contact details where prompted);
Entry is voluntary and is only open to residents of Victoria who are over the age of 18 and are not employees or the immediate family (spouse, sibling, parent or child) of VFA employees.
4. The VFA Fishiest 100 will open on Friday 1 February 2019 at 12:00am AEST and close on Thursday 28 February 2019 at 9:00am AEST (“the Competition Period”). Only song suggestions and votes received during the relevant part of the Competition Period will be valid:
the most popular 100 songs (“the VFA Fishiest 100 Playlist”) will be compiled by the VFA at 1 Spring Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 from the first 200 valid song suggestions received by 7 February 2019 at 11:00am; and
voting on the VFA Fishiest 100 Playlist will open on 8 February 2019 at 9:00am and close on 22 February at 9:00am.
5. The VFA can disqualify any Entry (including song suggestion or vote) that it considers, in its sole discretion, breaches the Competition Ts&Cs or contains offensive language or material, and can cancel, modify or terminate the VFA Fishiest 100 without liability if the competition is interfered with in any way or cannot be conducted as anticipated by the VFA. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the VFA will in its sole discretion, determine the identity of the Entrant.
6. The Entrant warrants to the VFA that the Entrant is the author of the Entry and that the Entry is not offensive, defamatory, or inflammatory and does not infringe any third party's intellectual property rights or breach any law.
7. Five (5) VFA Fishiest 100 prize winners (“the Winners”) will be selected as follows:
- the first Entrant that suggested the most popular song on the Fishiest 100 Playlist (as determined by the Poll) using the VFA’s Facebook page; and
- four (4) winners drawn at random from all Entrants who voted in the Poll.
8. VFA Fishiest 100 Winners will be announced on VFA’s social media accounts on Thursday 28 February 2019. The VFA’s decision in relation to validity of entries and selection of Winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Each Winner will be notified individually by email or telephone within 7 days of the announcement using the contact details provided by the Entrant (except for the winner of the Prize described in 8(a) who will be contacted via their relevant Facebook account). Where a Winner fails to accept a Prize within 7 days of the VFA sending notification, the VFA can revoke the Prize, and may select further winning entries.
9. Each Winner will receive a prize comprising a $100 fishing voucher (“the Prize”) to be redeemed at a fishing tackle retail store to be determined at the VFA’s absolute discretion (“Retailer”). Each Prize is valued at approximately $100 (inc. GST) based on the recommended retail value provided by the supplier(s) at the time of printing. The total Prize pool is valued up to $500 (inc. GST). Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and cannot be substituted for cash.
10. Winners must nominate to collect their prize from 1 Spring Street, Melbourne, Victoria (at a time and date to be notified to the Winner by the VFA) or to receive their prize by registered post to the Winner’s mailing address (as notified to the VFA by the Winner). The VFA takes no responsibility for the loss of a prize due to incomplete or wrong address details being provided or for any other reason outside the VFA’s control. The VFA will not be responsible for any additional cost involved with redeeming a voucher (e.g. travel to Retailer). By accepting a Prize a Winner will be required to accept the Retailer’s own terms and conditions that apply to the Prize.
11. The Entrant unconditionally and irrevocably grants the VFA a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use the Entry (including but not limited to reproducing, publishing, adapting and communicating the whole or any part of the Entry) in publications, promotional and marketing material and on its website to promote the VFA and recreational fishing (“the Permitted Use”). The Entrant consents to the Entry being used in a manner that would, but for the Entrant consenting to such a use, breach the Entrant's moral rights.
12. The VFA will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, any consequential or indirect loss), cost or damage, personal injury or death which is suffered (whether or not due to the negligence of any person) in connection with entering the VFA Fishiest 100, as a result of the administration of the competition or in connection with the acceptance of any Prize or the cancellation of any part of a Prize (to the extent that cancellation is beyond VFA’s reasonable control), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (and, if so, that liability is limited to the minimum permitted by law).
13. The VFA will not charge the Entrant a fee to enter the VFA Fishiest 100. Costs associated with accessing the relevant social media platform are the Entrant’s responsibility and may vary depending upon the Entrant’s internet service provider.
14. Entrants acknowledge that the VFA Fishiest 100 is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any recording artist described in the song suggestions or included in the VFA Fishiest 100 Playlist, Survey Monkey, Spotify, Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media platform or a Retailer.
15. By entering the VFA Fishiest 100, the Entrant is deemed to have accepted any relevant terms and conditions of use associated with Survey Monkey, Spotify, Facebook, Instagram, and any other relevant social media platform and to have irrevocably released Survey Monkey, Spotify, Facebook, Instagram, and any social media platform, from any and all liability in connection with the competition.
17. The VFA Fishiest 100 is governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia and clauses 6, 7 and 9-18 (inclusive) of these Competition Ts&Cs survive the expiry of the Competition Period.