Eildon Fishing Festival event schedule
When: Saturday, 1 September, 2018
Time: 10am – 4pm
Where: Eildon Community Centre
- Trade expo – check out what's new in fishing gear with exhibitors from all aspects of the tackle industry.
- Release trout into the Eildon pondage (all day) – take part in stocking the Eildon Pondage with some of 1,000 rainbow trout scheduled to be released on the day.
- Snobs Creek hatchery tours – a unique opportunity to tour the site where over one million fish are produced annually. Tours depart from the Eildon Community Centre every hour from 10.30 am.
- Guided Fishing on Eildon Pondage – fish for trout with expert guidance. Bait and tackle provided. Register at the Eildon Community Centre.
- Tuition and advice – talk with experts about the basics of fishing for trout, redfin and native species.
- Fishing workshops – sharpen your lure and fly casting skills or learn the right knot for the right situation. All equipment supplied.
- Cooking demonstrations – cook fish like an expert after getting some handy hints from a renowned local chef.
- Prize draws – to be drawn regularly throughout the day.
- Fun stuff for kids – jumping castle, face painting, balloon tying and more.
- Fireworks – at the Eildon Pondage at 7pm.
Note: the trout fishing season in Victorian rivers opens at midnight on Friday 31 August, 2018.
Eildon Lake Motel
2 Girwood Parade, Eildon
(03) 57742 800
Chris and Charmayne Healy
Eildon Parkview Motor Inn
6 Hillside Avenue, Eildon
(03) 57742 165
David and Diane
Eildon Holiday Resort
515 Goulburn Valley Hwy, Eildon
(03) 57742 415
Jerusalem Creek Marina and Holiday Park
501 Jerusalem Creek Road, Eildon
(03) 57742 585
Rubicon Hotel and Motel
1362 Taggerty-Thornton Road, Thornton
(03) 57732 251
Golden Trout Hotel and Motel
1 Riverside Drive, Eildon
(03) 57742 508
Thornton Caravan Park
1288 Goulburn Valley Hwy, Thornton
(03) 57732 305
Blue Gums Riverside Caravan Park
746 Back Eildon Road, Eildon
(03) 57742 567
Eildon Caravan Park
11 Eildon Road, Eildon
(03) 57742 105
1800 651 691