Ballarat Fishing Festival event schedule
When: Saturday 7 September, 2018
Time: 10am – 4pm
Where: Lake Wendouree, end of Windmill Drive
- Release trout into Lake Wendouree – take part in stocking live trout on the day.
- Ballarat Fish Acclimatisation Society hatchery tours – a unique opportunity to tour the site. Tours throughout the day.
- Fishing tuition for kids – fish for trout with expert guidance. Bait and tackle provided.
- Talk with experts – about the basics of fishing for trout and redfin.
- Cooking demonstrations – cook fish like an expert after getting some handy hints.
- Prize draws – to be drawn regularly throughout the day.
- Fun stuff for kids – jumping castle, face painting and photo booth.
Note: The trout fishing season in Victorian rivers opens at midnight on Friday 31 August, 2018.
All lakes, including Wendouree, are open year-round.