Marine waters closed to recreational fishing
Fishing restrictions are in place in some waters to:
- protect critical habitats and endangered species
- ensure fisher safety (shipping lanes)
- protect aquaculture infrastructure
- protect heritage sites (e.g. shipwrecks).
Restrictions will vary with location. It is your responsibility to know what restrictions, if any, apply to the area where you intend to fish.
Click the links below to learn more about the restrictions in these areas
- Aquaculture fisheries reserves
- Victoria's marine national parks and sanctuaries
- Shipwreck protected zones