Arcadia Visitor Centre
The Arcadia Native Fish Hatchery Visitor Centre, located 20 minutes south of Shepparton, gives fishers and their families a chance to experience and learn all things native fish production and fishing in Victoria.
Featuring an all-weather shelter with an enclosed exhibition space, the centre includes displays and information about our iconic Murray cod and how we grow them at Arcadia.
- Address: 200 Ross Road, Arcadia VIC 3631
- Opening hours:
- Monday – Sunday
- 5am –10 pm during daylight saving months (October - March).
- 9am – 5pm for the remainder of the year.
What to expect on your visit:
- Information on Arcadia's production of native fish and their cultural significance to Indigenous Victorians.
- Fishing at the centre's fish-out pond, stocked regularly with catchable-size Murray cod, silver perch, and golden perch (catch limits apply - see our Recreational Fishing Guide for more).
- Free electric barbecue/picnic facilities.
- A fish-themed playground and play area for kids.
- For fishers camping nearby there are free toilet and shower facilities.
The Arcadia Native Fish Hatchery Visitor Centre and activity precinct was funded by a $3 million investment from the Victorian Government's Regional Tourism Investment Fund (RITF).