Goulburn Fishing Festival event schedule
River trout season will officially be open from 11:59pm on Friday 6 September, and where better to celebrate than at Eildon!
The Goulburn River and Eildon Pondage will share in 2,000 massive ‘stonker’ rainbow trout to 4kg, to be stocked at 11 sites for trout opening. Like last year, they’ll have a combined weight of 7 tonnes, guaranteed to create lifelong memories for lots of fishers and their families.
- Try your luck at catching a trophy trout at one or more spots on this year's stonker trout trail
- Come along to the Trade expo, where you can see what’s new in fishing tackle
- Help our Fisheries team stock the pondage
- Guided fishing on Eildon Pondage, bait and tackle provided
- Enjoy a tour of the Snobs Creek hatchery. Tours depart the Eildon Community Centre hourly from 10.30am
- Straight into the fry pan, watch the cooking demonstrations
- Activities for the kids, jumping castle, face painting and balloon tying
- Prize draws
- Don’t scoot home too early, there will be a fireworks display over the pondage at 7pm.
The 2019 trout and salmonid closed season on rivers and streams is from 12:01am on Tuesday 11 June until 11:59pm on Friday 6 September.