Ballarat Fishing Festival event schedule
River trout season will officially be open from 11:59pm on Friday 6 September, and where better to celebrate than at Lake Wendouree in Ballarat!
- Help our Fisheries team stock the lake
- Fishing classes for kids, bait and tackle provided
- Enjoy a tour of Ballarat Fish Acclimatisation Society's trout hatchery
- Become a fly tying master at the fly tying demo
- Straight into the fry pan, watch the cooking demonstrations and sample!
- Activities for the kids, jumping castle, face painting and a photo booth
- Prize draws and raffles
The 2019 trout and salmonid closed season on rivers and streams is from 12:01am on Tuesday 11 June until 11:59pm on Friday 6 September.