Are you a saltwater fishing enthusiast? Then we've got the event for you!
Marine anglers can book a free night ashore on Wednesday 30 October when Talking Snapper comes to Frankston.
Whether you fish Port Phillip, Western Port or along the coast, this event will be a fantastic way for keen snapper fishers to hear the latest from fisheries managers and scientists, and improve their own fishing success with tips from experts and guides.
When: Wednesday 30 October
Where: Frankston RSL
Time: 5:30pm - 9pm (Optional expert panel and networking session until 9:30pm)
What to expect
- Fishing celebrities Aaron Habgood (Salt Guide and Reel Adventures) sharing tips and tricks to snapper success, along with the best boat-fishing techniques and how to get more out of your sounder
- David Kramer and Adam Ring (TV's Talking Fishing) talking land-based fishing tips and the very latest on equipment to hit the market following the annual recreational fishing Trade Show in August
- WIRF Leader Tiffany Newton giving anglers an insight into the Women In Recreational Fishing network, and her experience as a female angler
- Fisheries snapper scientist, Dr Paul Hamer, giving insights to research and monitoring snapper stocks and how they're tracking for the future
- Rod Barber, Senior Fisheries Officer at Mornington, presenting on the latest snapper enforcement operation and how fishers can do the right thing
- Optional Q&A panel with the experts after official proceedings (will run from approximately 9pm - 9:30pm)
- Dinner, drinks and snacks provided
This free event is part of the State Government’s Target One Million plan for recreational fishing, which is investing $35 million to get more people fishing, more often, in more places.