Hooked on Lakes Entrance
Looking forward to the March long weekend and wondering where to wander to?
How about a road-trip to the FREE Hooked on Lakes Entrance event on Sunday 13 March 2022.
It's the best place to try delicious seafood, learn more about where your fresh fish comes from or cast a line with experts.
Hooked on Lakes Entrance is ideal for families keen to explore beautiful waterways over a long weekend, and a great way to support the road to recovery for bushfire affected communities still getting back on their feet.
When: Sunday, 13 March
Do I need to book? Only the free fishing clinics require bookings. Go HERE to book your spot!
What to expect
- Seafood cooking demonstrations by Mark Briggs from Sardine Eatery, Sam Mahlook and Luke McMenemay-Collins from Soda Fish and Renee Trudeau from Lucy's Latin Tacos.
- Fish filleting and preparation tips and talks about the different species on offer
- Free Fishcare 'Come and Try' fishing clinics for kids and families. To register for one of these sessions, go here.
- Maritime Safety Vic Float Safe inflatable lifejacket clinics at 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
- Local food stands selling freshly cooked seafood and regional produce
- Pop up bars
- Kids amusements
- Family-friendly areas to enjoy the waterfront views