Hooked on Lakes Entrance
Looking forward to the March long weekend and wondering how you can support bushfire affected communities?
How about a road-trip to the free Hooked on Lakes Entrance event on Sunday 8 March 2020?!
It's the best place to try delicious seafood, learn more about where your fresh fish comes from or cast a line with experts.
Even better, getting down to Gippsland is a huge help to bushfire affected communities, so stay locally, spend in small towns and bring an empty esky to help kickstart regional businesses that have endured a tough summer trade.
Hooked on Lakes Entrance is ideal for families keen to explore beautiful waterways over a long weekend, and a great way to support the road to recovery for bushfire affected communities still getting back on their feet.
When: Sunday, 8 March
What to expect
- Seafood cooking demonstrations by Mark Briggs from Sardine Eatery and Sam Mahlook from Miriam's Seafood Restaurant
- Fish filleting and preparation tips and talks about the different species on offer
- Free Fishcare 'Come and Try' fishing clinics for kids and families
- Local food stands selling freshly cooked seafood and regional produce
- Pop up bars
- Kids amusements
- Family-friendly areas to enjoy the waterfront views