Hooked on Lakes Entrance
On Sunday 11 March 2018, the 'Hooked on Lakes Entrance' event is happening again after the success we had in 2017.
This event showcases the wonderful array of Victorian seafood caught by commercial and recreational fishers.
Lakes Entrance is a fishing mecca, home to one of Australia's largest commercial fishing fleets and popular with recreational fishers.
The event is based at the Lakes Entrance Foreshore Reserve overlooking the water.
Hosted by The Victorian Fisheries Authority event attractions include:
- Fish filleting and fish preparation tips from experts including Aaron Habgood
- Seafood cooking demonstrations including - Sam Mahlook from Miriam's Seafood Restaurant, Nick Mahlook from The Atlantic and Masterchef finalists Eliza Wilson and Sam Goodwin
- Cook-off with local personalities and chefs
- Fishcare 'Come and Try' fishing clinics for children and families
- Local commercial fishers tied up to the wharf explaining their fishing practises and life at sea
- Food stands selling freshly cooked seafood and locally made produce
- Market stalls
- Kids amusements and activities
- Tables and chairs to relax and enjoy the views with family and friends.
Victorian waters produce some of the finest seafood in the world, which ends up on the tables of great restaurants here and overseas, suburban fish and chip shops and home barbecues.
The event promotes the high quality seafood caught in the Gippsland region, other local produce and great fishing spots to take the family and wet a line.
Recipes from 2017
Sam Mahlook from Miriams Seafood Restaurant
- Bass Strait bugs with lime chili basil butter
- Tiger flathead maxitails in beer batter with tartare sauce